Taste of Folly 2014
Saturday January 25, 2014
11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The Taste of Folly festival is the best way to visit with Folly friends and sample all of the different restaurants on Folly Beach. Each establishment will have a booth set up for tasting, and there will be events and games, arts and crafts, and a family freindly festival atmosphere.
Server Olympics, Hot Dog Eating contest, Chili Cookoff
Silent Auction, Bartender Mix-off, Date Auction
Live Music by Jordan Igoe band and One Kool Blow
Server Olympics 12-3:30
Chili Cookoff 12-3:30
Hot Dog Eating Contest 12-1
Date Auction 2-3
Awards Ceremony 4:30-5
Live Music throughout the day
Chili Cookoff sponsored by Drop In Deli rules
1) There is a $5 entry fee payable when you bring your chili.
2) All entries must be brought to the festival in a crock-pot with a spoon or ladle. No serving utensils will be provided.
3) All entries must be at the Chili Cook–Off Table (between E. Erie and E. Hudson in front of Avocet) by 12pm.
4) Set up is between 11am-12pm.
5) Upon arrival, check in and get a voting jar.
6) Two ounce tasting cups, plastic spoons and napkins will be provided so festival goers can vote for their favorite. Please remain with your chili.
7) At 12pm a panel of judges will taste the chili for 1st and 2nd place.
8) Festival goers can purchase a token for $5.00 to vote for the People’s Choice Award Trophy for Best Chili.
9) Judging will end at 3:30 the votes tallied and winners announced at the award ceremonies on the Main Stage at 4:30pm.
10) All leftover chili, crock-pots, and utensils need to be cleared by 4pm.
11) Festival organizers will settle any dispute.
12) There will not be a separate restaurant chili cook off this year.
Questions email email@example.com
Friday January 24th Taste of Folly Bartender Mixoff
7:00 – 11:00 at the Tides Hotel Folly Beach
Enjoy this cocktail contest where bartenders from Folly Beach and the Charleston area create a signature cocktail featuring Blackheart Spiced Rum. Guests will have the opportunity to taste all of the creations and vote for their favorites. The Top 5 vote-getters will return to compete in the Mix-Off Finals during the Taste of Folly Festival Saturday, January 25th from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m.
There will be a full cash bar provided by BLU Restaurant & Bar as well, for those wanting only to attend the event (no tasting) and those finished with the Tasting portion.
Tickets available at the door – $20 for the Tasting and Show | $5 for the Show only (you will be able to upgrade to a Tasting Ticket during the event)